During her prison-based training programme, Stephanie Covington referred to a number of materials that might be relevant in some settings.
- Level of Violence in the UK. A summary of the main data.
- Adverse Childhood Experience Survey. An tool for assessing challenging experiences before the age of 18 that can have a powerful effect later in life. It can be used for women in prison, in the community, staff and leadership. Indeed everyone.
- Engaging Women in Trauma-Informed Peer Support: A Guidebook. This guide was created by the National Center on Trauma-Informed Care.
- Benefits of becoming trauma informed. Taken from pages 17 and 18 of the Leader’s day booklet (above), these slides summarise the dramatic improvements in MCI-Framingham, a medium security correctional facility for female offenders outside Boston, Massachussets, after it adopted a trauma informed approach.
- Gender responsive resource guide. A detailed A-Z reading list covering alcohol and drugs, anger management, domestic violence, health, parenting, sexuality and much more.